Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blue Monday

Dear Bunnies One, Two, and Three,

I apologize on behalf of my carnivorous dog. You hadn't even opened your eyes to witness life when your lives were taken. I can still hear your squeals and cries as she took you in her mouth and proceeded to swallow you whole. I mourned for your deaths that fateful morning. I sobbed and shouted incoherent words when I couldn't release you from the clutches of my dog's mouth. I sobbed for your mother, realizing she would find you gone from the safety of the burrow she built for you. Most of all, I sobbed because of the reality of the cycle of life; knowing it wasn't cruelty that possessed my dog to eat your fragile bodies and take your lives. Maybe it was because it was a Monday.

Sorry & love, Dog Owner

1 comment:

  1. Poor bunnies. Although I laughed at the monday part. oh, and i love Dog Owner more than life itself.

    ReplyDelete