Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kermode and Mayo

I don't read or listen to any reviews of a movie or album before I've had a chance to look at it myself. So, I've been watching Mark Kermode's and Simon Mayo's movie reviews on youtube lately (youtube.com/kermodeandmayo)and find them hilarious and constructive and insightful. I don't know why the show names both of them since Mark Kermode seems to dominate most of the conversations. They're like the human Bert and Ernie duo. These reviews make me want to watch the movies I haven't seen just so I can watch the review of them afterward. Even listening to Kermode's reviews has made me question my judgement of a few movies. He's just so snappy. His most well-known movie review is probably of Little Man which he called, "genuinely evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment