Monday, March 22, 2010

Cyber-hate

I strongly dislike the 'hate' groups on facebook. The groups that say, "This person sucks," or "I hate this and that."" Also the groups that create unnecessary competition such as, "I bet I can get more people for this state than another state." A person must be really discontent with his/her life to feel the need to bash something through creating a facebook group that will spread the negative energy. I truly pity those people.

When I was younger I was a bit naive in thinking that everyone my age was nice or my friend. I was just an honestly happy kid. So, to put me down one week these two girls in second grade started calling me ugly on a daily basis. I told my mother, who is amazing, and she prepped me on bullying and role played with me on how to handle them. So, when the girls came back one day to bully me, in return I said, in my sophisticated seven year old voice, something along the lines of, "I'm sad for you. You want to bully me to make yourselves feel better but that means that you're sad about your life and I'm sorry that your life is so sad right now." And for the rest of elementary school, they were my friends.

I wish all bullies were as easily pacified, especially these new cyber-bullies.

No comments:

Post a Comment