Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bullying

Your mother was wise. My mother told me to laugh at them. It's hard to laugh when tears are streaming down your face. Being an only child was rough sometimes, but you know that: the only difference is that your mother had better advice, or at least more age appropriate advice. I don't think my mother ever figured out the how-not-to-get-bullied thing herself.

I am so glad I missed the cyberbullying generation. I also am glad that I remember cassette tapes. And CD players. There is a girl who works out in the gym who comes with one of those old walkmen. I admire her oldschoolness. It makes me want to work out with a phonograph, just to, you know, one up her or something.

Ben Harper will be in Atlanta in the beginning of May. I am quite excited, though I don't know if I'll be going.

He'll be at Variety, and you know how I love Variety.


I feel like my writing is disjointed. How out of practice a little lamb doth become.

No comments:

Post a Comment